MultiMech supports the following models for introducing non-linearity or marking failure in a model at both the constituent and composite level.
- Element Deletion or Element Stiffness Reduction
- Maximum Principle Stress
- Maximum Principle Strain
- Tsai Wu Composite Failure
- Hashin Composite Failure
- Christensen Composite Failure
NonLinear Material Models
- Viscoelasticity (Governed By Prony Series)
- Continuum Damage (Allen&Searcy,Yoon&Allen,Souza).
- NonLinear Elastic
Cohesive Zone Models (for introducing displacement discontinuities within the FE model)
- Elastic Contact
- Allen Viscoelastic Cohesive Zone
- Tvergaard Cohesive Zone
- Linear Decay Cohesive Zone
- BiLinear Cohesive Zone
See more about how damage is modeled here.