There are so many ways to display results on Gmsh¹, besides the user can also export data from any view. By following the steps below you can get more familiar with some Gmsh tools.
1. Check to see a view and go to Options.
2. Make sure you have the correct view selected on the list.
3. Go to Visibility tab.
4. Check for “Show value scale”.
5. You can change the “Time display mode” as well.
6. The contour scale value should appear on the bottom of the screen.
7. You can control the animation by clicking on the animation buttons.
8. Besides, you can see the numeric values changing over the time by going to General tab, selecting Numeric values and controlling the animation on the animation buttons.
11. To extract data from a point go to Tools > Plugins (or Shift + Ctrl + U).
12. Select Probe on the first list and the correct view on the second list.
13. Type the XYZ coordinates of the point and then the number of the view.
14. Click on Run.
15. After that, a new view and contour scale value should be generated.
16. Select the probe view and go to Options.
17. Make sure you have the correct view selected on the list.
18. Select for 2D time for the Plot type.
19. Use the animation buttons to control and see how the plot changes over the time.
20. Besides, you can easily export the data by selecting Save As…
21. Make sure to type and select .txt for extension of the file before Save it.
¹ C. Geuzaine and J.-F. Remacle. Gmsh: a three-dimensional finite element mesh generator with built-in pre- and post-processing facilities. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering 79(11), pp. 1309-1331, 2009.